Seems these days the Proverbs 31 Woman is a very popular topic among us ladies. This woman stirs up more controversy than Nancy Pelosi and Anna Nicole Smith did put together. Some Christian ladies despise her. To them she stands as a reminder of what they may never be. To some they look up to her as a standard of living to master and others are somewhere in the middle. Being the cracked pot that I am, I have really struggled with Mrs. 31 (as I like to call her). For those of you who may be unfamiliar the bible tells us that she is:
· Her husband praised her
· Her children adored her
· She was a smart cookie
· She took care of the physical needs of her family
· She spoke with wisdom
· She helps other people
· She was in shape-physically, mentally, spiritually
· She feared God.
As I bullet pointed these I began to realized that maybe I was mistaken, Mrs. 31 isn't so different than I am:
· She was up early in the morning - I'm up between 6:30 and 7:00 every morning
· She grew her own garden for food - At the supermarket at least once a week grocery shopping
· She made clothes for herself and for her family - I don't sew but I shop for all the family clothing
· She owned and ran her own business - I run my own business and work a part-time job
· She was a great homemaker - Not what I'd consider great but I take care of most of the household chores
· Her husband praised her - Vince does praise me and he frequently thanks me for doing all I do
· Her children adored her - Goes without saying that my daughter adores her mommy
· She was a smart cookie - As cookies go, I'm pretty smart
· She took care of the physical needs of her family - I see to that everyday
· She spoke with wisdom - I hope my blog does some of that....
· She helps other people - It's my life in servitude to Christ
· She was in shape-physically, mentally, spiritually - Hey two out of three ain't bad!
· She feared God - Absolutely!
"Dear Lord, thank you for revealing that your standard isn't too difficult for me to live up to. That if I continue to do your will for my life as a wife, mother, and Kingdom worker that you will supply me with the strength to get'her done. And dear Lord please allow my sisters to see that they live up the the controversial Mrs. 31 each and every day as well." AMEN!